Monday, August 9, 2010

Push the Pause button!

"What is this life,if full of care
  No time to stand and stare"
A lovely poem "Leisure" written by W.H.Davies and its my favorite most.
My mind always ask me a question "Whats the rush!"

I am a kinda person who always dream about moving out of a city and living on a peaceful,calm place.I have seen people working so hard,so that they can enjoy a sophisticated life in future without even having the time to stop by and enjoy the nature.I dunno what people will gain by not enjoying the present and always think about the future.I hope the word "sophistication" doesnt  mean getting a huge amount as a salary,not having time to spend with family and living in a concrete jungle where when we open a window we cant see a bird or a tree.Of course we can see a picture of a bird hanging on our neighbor's room.
People are always in a hurry.The whole week they spend in the office and the  week ends either goes as a company's picnic or a tired,worn out day at home.
In our house,we have a stone bench in the terrace facing the west.I always love to enjoy the sun set from there.I sometimes go and sit there with my ears muffled up with my ear phones and sometimes I just sit n watch as the sun goes down.I love the breeze that flows through..Used to wonder,how many people it would have seen on its way,has it heard the talks of my friends and enemies?has it enjoyed the fragrance of a distant land's rain,has it made a flower to dance,how many people's secrets it carry on its way here...Does the breeze gossip about the people to some one?
On watching the birds flying away..always some questions arise...are they returning home after their day's work?I always feel jealous of them..they dont need anyone's permission or a passport to fly.Have they experienced a day in the passport office waiting for their turn to come and prove this is truly me with some certificates...?!Why cant we also swing on a branch,when the wind gently sways the branch for us.
I love to spend time on the terrace on rainy days.Always love to get drenched in the rain.With all the struggles with my mom,I go to the terrace with an Umbrella!!But when I reach the top,as though the wind doesnt want that umbrella,it always blow away the umbrella..I envy those birds enjoying the rain and watch some carefully hidden under the canopy of trees....I always notice that people would go out in the frying weather of a Summer day..But when the rain comes,even for a drizzle they run to escape from the rain.I hope this is the reason,the rain is rare at our places.It seems it doesnt want to come to our places..I hope they complain "People are afraid of me"..One of my lecturers use to say,"Rain is not dangerous...it doesnt carry any diseases..The thing is people dont wash away their legs after they get drenched in rain...Its a myth that people  catch cold when they go out in rain"..I agree with him.Again humans are responsible,they keep the surroundings unclean...Ofcourse its obvious we get germs when we walk through these unclean places..Dont again blame it on the Rain!!Mother Nature is always clean..
Cloud watching is another pleasure for free..I love to see the sun streaks,glittering the borders of the clouds..n especially during the cloudy days,love to watch the way the black clouds mingle with each other.They are always in a move,always traveling to some places..sometimes they pass hurriedly to somewhere..I would like to ask them their destinations..
Darkness...People consider it as a negative word and only some realize that we can only experience the light in the darkness...It can be taken in other sense too for our life..For me darkness is one where we can enjoy the total solitude..Without the sounds of the people or the vehicles,we can listen to the sound of nature...Listen..Mother Nature is always trying to say something to us..I hope we are lucky that we got the moon as our satellite..Moon is always lovely to watch,whether its a full moon day..or just a crescent...Sometimes we can have a glimpse of the Venus too,the morning and evening star...I always prefer a black blanket of sky with the moon and few stars.Stars are also beautiful,but I dont like to watch when there are so many many stars studded in the sky.I always love to watch the moon moving with us when we travel...Oh my God its always following us..:)I sometimes think the moon wants to become like Saturn with a ring around it.
Nature has given us so many gifts and we are the one who dont have time to open the gifts.
"No time to see,when woods we pass
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass"
I havent seen a squirrel hiding its nuts in grass.But I always see the squirrels at our backyard going up and down the tree merrily and munching the food,my mom has kept there for them.Sometimes I have seen the fight between them to eat the food.Sometimes they are brave enough to stand against the crows to eat their meal.Brave little ones.
There is a dog in our street,which always stares at me like a normal human.Oh those eyes...:)It looks like reading my mind.Its a friendly dog but I am always afraid of it cos of its size.
There is also a street cat,which comes always with the majestic walk,brave enough to come inside the house and see for food.So sad,it always ends up in the wrong room except the kitchen and got shooed away all the time..Better luck next time kitty...
"No time to stand beneath the bough
And stare as long as sheep or cows"
One of my close friends used to say that our street looks like a little zoo for her.There is a house in our street where they have many poultries..and a dog.And sometimes I  see some goats walking by our street and having the leaves of our plant as their breakfast.I love to give the leaves,but they would hardly accept to eat from my hands and they always prefer to eat by themselves.Attitude!
These are just some teenie weenie things in my life I always notice n wanted to share...
I dunno whether I would be able to relive all these moments.But I am sure,I would always have time to enjoy the nature,relieve myself from the daily struggles and have serenity.Wats the use thinking all about the future and letting the present to go waste?I want to enjoy the present to the fullest so that I dont regret that I had lost the moment.We might not have a forward or rewind button for our life.But we are always provided with a pause button.Search for it...Its there..We simply dont take the time and patience to search for it!





No comments:

Post a Comment