Thursday, August 12, 2010

The 12 pleasures..

My all time complaint is why the days are going so fast?Especially when its a holiday..I used to think the Earth is a kinda sadist,always gathering speed on weekends...Though all the months of the year are the same,I used to speak proud of my month of birth..when a new calendar comes on my way,I used to see the picture on October..I silently think,that its the only month having a beautiful picture or painting on it..Ofcourse a lot of other months would have more beautiful pictures than this one.But my eyes are blindfolded for the other months.My favorite month of a year is obviously October,cos my birthday falls on that month.Not many of my birthdays come on working days,even when it is on a week day,it would be raining out when I went to the school.My birthday falls on the Halloweens day and my dear ones accepted that its truly apt for me.I wish we also celebrate this day in India!I love October for another reason,Its Diwali.I always feel excited about Diwali..
The next month I love more is November..Who would not love November for its Rainy days?!The days start up with a cloudy weather,start raining and it continues till evening and I always go to bed hearing the rain outside and praying hardly,that it should rain heavily in the night and the next morning I should wake up with the news flash going "All the schools and colleges are closed due to rain".
Then comes December for its cold weather,and for the Christmas and the New Year Eve..I somewhat hated December during my school days cos of the Half Yearly exams..But during my college days,it used to be the sem holidays which I always liked the most.Waking up late in the morning with me muffled up in the blankets,having a cup of coffee leisurely,and surfing through the channels for a  good song..trying to get back home before nite to escape from the freezing weather out there..December is always to chill!
January,the first month of a New year..all the wishes and sms to our frends n enemies to have a great year ahead,with my mind full of the new year resolutions(valid only for the first two weeks),trying to be good in the new year and becoming worn out of the "Good"-myself and returning back to the "Self"-myself in a few hours itself..I like Jan for the holidays..After spending a long vacation during December,my mind always get lost in the holiday mood and always forgets to come back..The Pongal holidays and some other holidays make me feel little happy-sort of mini vacation for me.
February,I dont like it most and I am not even bothered about it.It always go very fast.Good for it.
And comes the March,marching towards me with a lot of depressions.My mind always cries,Oh My God,Here comes the exam season.More than me,my mom used to get worried,cos she has to bear all the whinings from me about the exams and to hear the usual dialogues of "Mom,I havent studied well,I gonna flunk the exam,I feel stupid ...blah blah blah".My mom always says to me "Whether u get stressed out or not,u always make others to go bonkers when u got exams".What to do,she is my mom...have to pass over all these things rite..:)I really hate the sleepless nites,the first sight of my notes and books,hanging over the bookstore for getting the books,puffy eyes on the exam halls...
the ever slogan of mom "I told u know to study before hand..always fussing at the last moment"..the never ending promise of "Here after I ll study daily" and also forgetting the same the moment I enter out of the exam hall....Its been a tragic comedy!
The only thing I like about April is its first day..Always planning to fool someone and always the day ends up with my plan got flopped.I would be the first one to be made fool..Its Ok..It happens..
May month is a good one.During my school as well as college days,Its the favorite month in Summer.Of course waking up late in the morning except the blankets like Dec..I dunno I subconsciously kick away those blankets...Who wants to wake up in a pool of sweat...Yuck!..I love the lazy afternoons,twice-a-day showers,drinking cool water..Though May is the hottest,It is always cool!
June and first half of July are the worst part of the years.I used to search for holidays and always the result is "No Holidays,better luck next time"..Boring lectures in college,Watching the terrible sight of enthusiastic students in the start of the academic year,taking notes,every day is a working day and sometimes like adding fuel to the fire,Saturdays too working days.June and the first part of July totally sucks..I dont wanna talk about it cos it makes me feel sick..
The second half of July and August are always windy...Always trying to hold myself while walking through our college grounds..The worst thing to do in these months is to have a dinner for a function at the terrace,and it becomes more terrible,when the food is served on banana leaf with the glass as the weight to avoid the banana leaf to be thrown away by the wind..Even after these precautions,always the wind wins.The first victim would be the glass and the other follows...And the next thing is about the hair..I used to return from a ride,like a witch with all my hair dancing in the air(I also accept my hair is always like that..Who cares)..
And atlast September,its part windy..part cold..Autumn season is an awesome season..roads covered with dried leaves...plants getting ready to bloom..people dusting off the leaves from their top of their cars in the morning.Its a treat for our eyes.For me its a calm part of the year..No hurry,no exams,nothing just relax and do the work...Always September is beautiful...and I always love it cos the next month is October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment